Monday, August 27, 2007

This is how I take an exiting site and use my computer to add tracking

Tracking your website to know how many visitors you are getting is most important, so this is how I take an exiting site and use my computer to add tracking.

First you will need your own Website, sales page or even a blog like this. If you don't have a website, I recommend you seriously sign-up for a Plug-In Profit site, you can modify it to suite your needs and it has all the training you need to get you started. Take a look at my SarahPlugInProfit site. I have many modifications in progress which you will be able to follow by clicking here regularly.

Second you will need to go to Google Analytics or a similar tracking site and sign-up for an account, add the website URL and you are given a code to add to the end of your webpage, just before the end tags. /body I use my computer to log in to the website WebePanel, using a separate tab, and select the page I want to track in the file manager and clicking on the edit articles icon. The page will open in a text editor. Go to the bottom of the page and just before the /body tag paste the code(the code is in < > tags). You can save the page and you simply go back to your Google Analytics page click the button to let them know you have placed the code. Within 24hours or less you will start to see results.

You can see how simple it was for me to use my computer to add a simple link to the webpage that will be a most important information tool.

No comments: